Michigan Flower Barn
100% locally grown, fresh-cut flowers
Michigan Flower Barn is a wholesale flower market collective, connecting designers and floral shops to high quality cut-flowers and foliage all grown by farmers in Michigan.
A new* Standard for wholesale flowers
*Local. Sustainable. Better.
All of our flowers and foliage are locally grown in Michigan, harvested fresh each week by a diverse team of flower farmers who are committed to growing sustainable, high-quality blooms.
We work directly with our flower farming members from across the state to supply anyone in the florist industry (or looking for event flowers) with design worthy stems. Our team has thoughtfully developed an efficient online ordering process while providing reliable customer service to make purchasing local wholesale cut-flowers easier than ever. No importing, no damaged goods from shipping, every stem is harvested weekly per-order.
MFB is owned and and operated by female farmers and floral designers who want to provide the floral industry with access to slow-grown flowers. We are conveniently located in Bennington Township, Michigan, between Perry and Owosso – just a short drive from downtown Lansing and Flint. Our Detroit location is available for wholesale pickups for metro-Detroit buyers every Wednesday. We also offer a convenient delivery option for qualifying purchases!
- Michigan Flower Barn provides coordination, communication & buyer outreach, and fulfillment to local designers.
- A consistent sales outlet for everything you grow. All you have to focus on is farming!
- Design industry data for what is in demand from our buyers.
- Marketing for your farm and the products that you grow!
- Community over competition. Connect with other farmers, in addition to meeting the buyers who are using your blooms!
*2023 farmer spaces are full, new applicants will be added to our wait list for this season.
- Wholesale ordering for 100% locally grown cut-flowers and foliage from April – October.
- Shop from variety of high-quality, designer focused inventory from over a dozen Michigan farmers!
- Weekly online ordering every Monday and pickup or delivery on Wednesday and Thursday in the Lansing & Detroit areas.
- Seamless communication about all product availability with our seasonal flower guide for planning ahead each year.
- Simple ordering ahead for the season – our in house designers make sure you’ll get the exact colors and flower types you’re looking for!
Wedding & Event flowers
Looking for flowers to use for your wedding or event? We offer three different floral packages – whether you’re wanting to DIY arrangements or need a florist for your wedding, MFB can provide you with locally grown cut-flowers no matter the budget. A buyer’s pass is not required for these options! We are open by order appointment only, check out our ordering options below to learn more about our seasonal flowers for your celebrations!
When you purchase from a MFB, you’re putting money back into our local economy AND supporting multiple small businesses! Not only that, when you commit to locally-grown blooms, you’re helping reduce the massive carbon footprint created from international floral distribution. Ok – we could go on and on about why everyone should source and utilize locally grown flowers… something we’re clearly passionate about!
Also, check out out the Michigan Flower Truck, featuring our locally grown blooms. A perfect addition to create a unique experience at your celebration or festival!Get Event Flowers!
Seasonal Availability: flower & foliage
Get to know what our local flower and foliage options are each month! We are open during Michigan’s fresh-cut flower season, from late April – early October. Each year we update our inventory with what our farmers are growing, so you can plan ahead with your floral designs.
Our seasonal guide is searchable to make ordering with Michigan Flower Barn a little easier. Search inventory by:
- Flower Name
- Availability by Month
- Flower Type and Usage
- Color Options
- Stem Length
What Are Slow-Grown Flowers?
Flowers grown with sustainable farming practices, harvested in their natural season of bloom, sourced as close to you as possible – and designed by florists who are using chemical-free techniques. As farmer-florists, we make sure all of the flowers and foliage are harvested and sold immediately for use. Michigan ‘slow-flowers’ are grown in your state, eliminating the massive carbon footprint that comes with importing flowers.