Get DIY Buckets of blooms:
We’re providing anyone looking for a variety of fresh cut-flowers with access to the highest quality, locally grown blooms for your event! A wholesale buyer’s pass is not required for this one-time purchase.
Our in-house floral designers curate DIY buckets of blooms, each filled with a mix of flower and foliage stems in seasonal colors or requested palettes.
DIY buckets are perfect for anyone wanting to make their own arrangements for a wedding, setting up a bouquet bar or having a mix of florals to DIY with for any event! Whatever you plant to create – our buckets of blooms will give your event a custom look (that’s also affordable, sustainable and stunning)!
We fill our 3 gallon buckets with seasonal flowers and foliage, these are high quality stems at wholesale prices – that you can’t buy online or at a grocery store.
Plus every order supports over a dozen local flower farms! Literally farm to vase, every stem is harvested per order by one of our local farmers.
These DIY bucket orders are only available during Michigan’s fresh-cut flower season: generally from Late-April through the second week of October). Pickup for DIY buckets of blooms is from Wednesday-Friday in Perry/Owosso or the Detroit area.
Check out our seasonal availability guide to get an idea of what is in season each month.
Getting Married? Consider these things for DIY wedding flowers:
• This is a great option for anyone with a smaller flower budget, but make sure you’re very comfortable arranging your own floral pieces. DIY’ing centerpieces, bouquets and other arrangements is a lot of work. Please allow for at least a full day of design work if you’d like to include standard wedding arrangements.
• Our fresh-cut season for DIY orders is open from May through early October. Michigan flowers and foliage bloom at different times of the year, so selection is dependent on weekly availability. This will require flexibility when working with nature (probably not a good fit if you have a very specific flower types and colors you require for your look).
• If your wedding date is between late May – June: these months produce Spring specific flowers, which provides for less variety in flower types. We do a lot of Spring orders that produce amazing designs, but want you to be aware that a majority of stems are (deluxe) tulips and daffodils, while greenery selections are very limited. Specialty spring flowers, like peonies or ranunculus have a short blooming window compared to most flowers and we cannot guarantee their availability for a specific day.
• Proper care and storage is required as these are perishable items! All blooms must be transported and stored in a cool place, kept in fresh water and out of direct sunlight until they’re designed with.
• Speaking from experience: If you’re the one getting married, you’ll likely be *at capacity* the week of your wedding, with all the last minute to-do’s. So we highly recommend having an experienced and/or creative person that you trust to lean on for most of the work required. As the average DIY wedding requires a full week of set up & design work, plan to have your arrangements completed a full day before the wedding.
get your flower magic started!
1. Figure out how many buckets of flowers you’ll need with the info we provide below. You’ll have to think through the number of arrangements or type of pieces you’ll be making.
2. Then fill out the form! We’ll get back with you via email to confirm if we have your date open and book the order.
P.S. We do book up quickly! We offer a limited number of DIY packages each month, so if you’re interested in placing an order – contact us sooner than later!
Each bucket includes a hand selected mix of 70 stems: 1/3 focal, 1/3 filler and 1/3 foliage. A single bucket provides enough stems to make up to 6 small centerpieces (think a 1 quart ball jar size or 3-4 inch diameter vase) OR 1 large bridal bouquet and 2 small bridesmaid bouquets. Colors and varieties vary by month, these are mixed palette stems curated by our designers.
All greenery bucket option for this price, too!
Each bucket includes a hand selected mix of 70 stems, in your selected color palette: 1/3 focal, 1/3 filler and 1/3 foliage. A single bucket provides enough stems to make up to 6 small centerpieces (think a 1 quart ball jar size or 3-4 inch diameter vase) OR 1 large bridal bouquet and 2 small bridesmaid bouquets. Specific varieties vary by month, please provide up to 3-4 colors for your palette.
Add specialty cut blooms to any order. Our specialty-cut flowers include: hydrangea, peony, dahlia, lisianthus, deluxe tulip, ranunculus, garden rose, and anemone. These are luxury blooms sold in growers bunches. Each bunch is $30, stem count depends on variety and bloom size. Specific varieties and vary by month, please refer to our seasonal guide for accurate availability.
Setting up a bouquet bar? We recommend accounting for at least 10 stems per guest to make a small sized bouquet.
DIY AT THE MICHIGAN FLOWER BARN
Make a day of DIY flower fun – rent our flower barn to design and store your florals! This package includes access to our flower barn for 4 hours of arranging. Bring your friends & fam to get creative and make your floral designs! We’ll provide each of you with all of the floral design tools you’ll need: flower snippers, floral tape, wire AND give you our basic floral arranging recipes, making your floral design experience much more enjoyable!
Let us know how many buckets of blooms you’ll need, and all you need to do is show up with the crew + BYOD&S (drinks & snacks)! One of our lead designers will be on site for general guidance and tips along the way, but the design part is up to you! When you’re done arranging, take your pieces with you or we’ll store your arranged florals in our cooler until they’re ready for pickup, the day-of your wedding or event.
DIY Bucket Inquiry Form:
Design & Pickup or full service floral options
Michigan Flower Barn offers two unique floral service options to cater to your wedding needs. Our Design & Pickup option is ideal for those who seek creativity and personalization. With this option, you’ll select from our fresh, locally sourced flowers, and our team will curate and prepare the arrangements for pickup, offering you the joy of adding a personal touch to your wedding decor. On the other hand, our Full Service Floral option provides a comprehensive, stress-free experience, where our seasoned team handles all aspects of floral decor, from consultation and design to setup at your venue. This option is perfect for those who desire professional handling, ensuring a seamless integration of beautiful floral arrangements within the overall event theme.